As Seen in ...
- The Zhuhai Air Show is located at the China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition, which is about 10-15 minutes from Zhuhai Jinwan Airport by car. Stay at a hotel in the area and grab a taxi or Didi.
- There’s not much to do around the airport, so if you’re looking to stay in a busier district of Zhuhai, I highly recommend crashing near Zhuhai Railway Station (not Zhuhai North Railway Station), of which you can reach by airport shuttle bus for less than 30RMB. The great thing is that the Zhuhai Air Show offers free shuttle buses from the railway station directly to the venue. You’ll need to make reservations for seats via mobile registration, but if you can’t read Mandarin or have no Chinese friends to help, don’t worry; I saw plenty of people registering on the spot! Furthermore, if you’re not able to catch the venue shuttle, I suggest taking the airport shuttle bus from Zhuhai Railway Station to Zhuhai Jinwan Airport, then catching a taxi.
- I purchased my tickets for the 2018 Zhuhai Air Show via Trip.com. The air show website—http://www.airshow.com.cn—provided the QR code, I scanned it using the Trip.com app, and was able to buy my tickets from there (485RMB). Remember, you’ll need to present your physical passport to get in.
- There were huge food tents setup at the air show that offered Chinese meals in addition to KFC, Burger King, and Subway. The venue also supplied a bunch of power banks that could be used after placing a deposit, but you’ll need to have Wechat or Alipay.
- Every hotel in Zhuhai may not accept foreigners, even though their business is listed on hotel booking websites. If you can, try calling your intended hotel ahead of time to confirm.