2. Put Down 1 Month's Deposit (ex: 1,800rmb = 1 Month's Rent)
3. Pay an Agent Fee (1/2 of a month's rent, 900rmb)
Total = About 8,100rmb, UPFRONT.
BEFORE SIGNING THE CONTRACT
2. Check and make sure all electrical devices are functional.
3. Check for any mold or infestations: closets, beds, shelves, etc.
4. Get the contact information of your Landlord.
5. Ask the agent if you'll need to pay a Management Fee. This is for workers who clean and upkeep your housing community.
6. Make sure you know when you should notify your agent or landlord should you decided to cancel, not renew, or renew your contract. You may need to tell them months in advance.
7. Ask if you can keep pets (if applicable).
8. Make sure that the previous resident has paid all of their bills, including water, electricity and gas, up until the day they left, and that your service begins on the start date of your contract.
9. Make sure you know the monthly date of when your rent payment is due and the process of how you'll need to pay.
10. TAKE PHOTOS OF THE APARTMENT, and make sure your camera time stamps your pictures.
11. If you're staying with a roommate, ask if you'll need to pay their portion of the rent should they break their contract.
12. Some landlords will want you to pay your rent every 3 months. If you lack the funds, ask if it's possible if you could pay every 1-2 month.
13. If you're short on funds, try asking your employer for a loan. For instance, many schools will let their teachers borrow money and take back the money owed from their salary.
The site is in Chinese so I suggest using Google Chrome's translate feature or a local friend for assistance.