You Can Take a Tour.
It's Got a Cableway ...
It's Good From the Beginning ...
And Then There's the Sunset ...
You Can Sleep in a Tent ...
...Or Sleep in a Hotel at the Top.
And What a Sunrise ...
It's a Really Good Hike.
It's Close to Shanghai!
5 Tips For Visiting Yellow Mountain
- First up, make sure you visit Yellow Mountain in the right season. I made my trip in January and it was extremely cold. If you prefer a little more heat while you hike, try visiting in the spring or summer.
- There are numerous hotels located on the top of the mountain. Here are a few names of the hotels I saw: Beihai Hotel, Shilin Hotel, Paiyunlou Hotel, Xihai Hotel, Baiyun Hotel, White Goose Hotel. Try booking them on Ctrip.
- Mt. Huangshan is composed of 6 scenic areas: Wenqian Scenic Area, Yuping Scenic Area, Beihai Scenic Area, Songgu Scenic Area, Yungu Scenic Area, and Diaqiao Scenic Area.
- Make sure to check the times for watching the sunrise. The time probably changes throughout the year and you don't want to miss it!
- Hiking Huangshan is pretty challenging, especially if you're the average Joe and haven’t spent any significant amount of time exercising before your trip. With that, make sure to get in plenty of exercise before heading to Yellow Mountain.
Safe and happy travels!