China Expat & Travel Blogger. ATTRACTIONS & THINGS TO DO IN CHINA. See My Fun TRAVEL Adventures in China!
Heading to Shilin Stone Forest Park? Well, here’s the best way to get to Shilin Stone Forest Park from Kunming.
1. First, fly into Kunming Changshui International Airport.
2. Head to the Arrivals level at Kunming Changshui Airport. Go outside and turn right. You’ll find about several small-big shuttle buses parked at the end of the strip. There’s a ticket office as well. Go inside and buy your round trip tickets to Shilin. Tickets cost 45RMB one-way. *Note: You may also buy return tickets once at Shilin Stone Forest Park, but certain times may be sold out, so it’s best to get your return ticket in advance.* Also, the ticket office takes CASH ONLY and you must show your passport.
3. The bus shuttle to Shilin Stone Forest Park from Kunming Changshui Airport takes about 1.5 hours.
4. Once at Shilin Stone Forest Park you’ll need to pay 200RMB. It’s 175RMB for the entrance + 25RMB for the passenger vehicle that can transport you around the park. The vehicle fee is optional, but I highly recommend it. It’s a pretty large park.
5. I spent around 3.5 hours at Shilin Stone Forest Park. That was enough time; after a while, it all starts to look the same, seriously.
6. There are lockers and a place to store luggage in the ticket office.
7. There were lots of tourists at the park, but it’s definitely big enough for you to take your own path and stray away from the crowds.
8. A DiDi from near Kunming Changshui Airport to Shilin Stone Forest Park cost about 260RMB at the time.
9. They have drinks and snacks you could buy at the park!
10. There were other options of getting to the park from Kunming, but I thought this was the most convenient and time-saving. Here’s the bus schedule:
There ya’ have it. Good luck. Safe & happy travels!