With that in mind, here's a list of 10 Documents Every ESL Teacher Needs When Moving to Kunshan:
Foreign Teachers arriving in China should make sure to bring the following documents listed below. Documents should be original and stamped for authenticity. *Note*: The documents listed are in reference to when applying for a Z Visa.
1. Passport – Must have at least 6 months validity remaining.
3. College University Diploma (Original) – Nowadays, you’ll need to bring your actual diploma. I’m not 100% sure if that applies for everyone, so check with your employer beforehand.
4. Letter of Recommendation (Original & Stamped)
5. Certificate of Employment or Employment Verification (Original & Stamped) - Document from your previous employer displaying your start and end date as an employee of their company, as well as your job title and duties.
6. Criminal Record Check (Containing Police or Federal Logo / Stamp)
7. Completed Health Check (Original & Stamped by Doctor) – You’ll likely need to take another health check at a local hospital shortly after your arrival.
8. Signed Employee Contract
9. Invitation Letter – Authorized document from your Employer providing information regarding the employee, duration of employee’s visit, and employer.
10. Passport Photos - Several Colored Passport Sized Photos in front of white background. You'll need to hand in a few when you register for your living permit.
*Stamped – Stamped, or inked, documents are required by the Chinese Government. In some cases, a simple Letterhead will not suffice as representation of an official document. Stamps should include the person/company name, address, and logo (if applicable).