1. Watch a Movie Online
2. Watch a Flick at the Theater
If you’re looking to shop, eat, or grab a few drinks before or after watching a movie, try heading over to Auchan Plaza, Jinyi Cinemas, Xiyuan Cinema, Shimao Plaza, Poly International Cinemas, and Ye Ma Du Culture and Fitness Center.
In addition, make sure to purchase your tickets online; after all, most theaters in Kunshan offer substantial discounts for any day and time. Oh, and just know that there won’t be any great snacks or butter popcorn for you to purchase!
UPDATE: The newly opened Golden Eagle mall will also host a movie theater on its 8th floor. The mall is open now; however, the cinema has yet to open.
You can check out a full listing of movie theaters and showtimes in Kunshan here. Also, check out the Poly International MAX theater at KCAC.
3. Head to the DVD Store
You can find DVD stores along Huanghe Road and Tongfeng Road. Though most will have high-quality, make sure to ask the cashier if you can check the DVDs on a television monitor before purchasing newly released movies. Newly released movies have a higher risk of being sub-standard.
Furthermore, another great aspect is that DVDs are only 6-7rmb per disc. If you wish to buy Season 1-2 of a television series and its packet contains 3 discs, then you'll only need to pay 21rmb. Incredible!
If you're interested, try heading to 44 Huanghe Road or 361 Tongfeng Road!
4. Cook a Big Meal
1. Head over to the nearest supermarket to you, which means you’ll probably end up at Auchan, Lotus, RT Mart, or TESCO.
2. Make your way to the Meat Section. There'll be a small area for Beef. You can kindly ask the workers behind the counter to turn a slab of beef into minced or ground beef at no extra charge.
4. Next, make your way to the supermarket’s condiments section and pick up Kewie Meat Sauce or Kewie Spaghetti Sauce. This is perhaps the most vital ingredient you’ll need to give your pasta the authentic spaghetti flavor. It's around the Ketchup and Mayonnaise aisle.
5. Head to the Fruits and Vegetables Section and grab any accessories that you need to mix into your spaghetti. I usually add a little mushrooms along with green and red peppers and shredded cheese.
6. Cook, mix it all together, and enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE COCA-COLA CHICKEN WINGS!!!
5. Go Bowling
It is pretty modern and equipped with a large pool hall for extra fun. It’s a perfect place to take a date, friends, family, coworkers, or even your students for a field trip. Prices are reasonable, but just more make to eat before you head there, as they do not serve food.
In addition, the area surrounding the bowling alley is also full of activities to partake in. There’s the Kunshan Culture & Art Center, a track and field, Olympic-sized swimming pool, basketball courts, Western restaurants, Starbucks,Kunshan Stadium, and movie theater equipped with an IMAX screen.
6. Hit a KTV With Friends
You can find a few KTVs on just about every few blocks throughout Kunshan; moreover, if you’re looking for a KTV that provides a great variety of international music for you to sing your heart out to, try heading over to Parkson Plaza.
By the way, as with a lot of services in China, try to search for online discounts for KTVs. Booking them online is substantially cheaper than paying at the door.
7. Chat With Expats on Wechat
There's a Cycling group that include routes to Yangcheng Lake and Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge. Theres a Football group that usually gets together on Thursday mornings at Kunshan Citizen’s Park.
Besides sports, there's a boatload of general conversations and humurous jokes! If you're looking to join the groups, just send me a message and I'll add you into the groups.