1. Visit a Bus Tour Center.
2. Find a location you wish to tour.
3. Pay for your spot (Usually they need at least 12 people to join the trip. If not, they might cancel it and return your money. You'll also need to bring your passport). The agent will give you the tour guide's contact information.
4. On the departure date, you'll need to catch a passenger bus early in the morning in front of Kunshan Hotel on Renming Road.
5. Travel to Suzhou by passenger bus.
6. In Suzhou, you'll need to transfer to your Tourist Bus.
7. Meet your tourist guide and start your journey.
1. Before you buy your spot on the tour, make sure to ask the agent if you'll need to pay any extra fee to the hotel because you are a foreigner. YES, some hotels will charge you an additional fee simply because you are American, or Canadian, etc.
2. The tour guide will usually ask to keep your passport during the tour. He/she collects them to check-in and out at the hotels.
3. If you're taking a 2 day trip and lunch isn't provided, most tour guides will ask you if you would like to eat together at a restaurant because at your destination there will be no other food shops around. He/she will then try to collect a bundle of money from everyone. This occurred on my last tour, and I assumed it was another instance where restaurants pay a fee to the tour organization in order to let their group eat at their restaurant. It's your choice, but don't be surprised if they ask.
4. In China, most tour buses will make planned stops at shops or markets where you can buy goods. I assume that these shops also pay the tourist company a fee to put them on their route. The locals on your tour will usually splurge, but I've never encountered anything worth buying. If you can, just try to stay on the bus and sleep.
To see sample Bus Tour Destinations and prices, head over to 33ly.com (You'll need Google Chrome to translate its pages) or check out their office at Parkson Plaza.
In Kunshan, I always use this company for bus tours. They have an office located at 560 Hexing Road. Furthermore, you can check out bus tours they offer over www.ksstt168.com.